Explore Your Passion by Asking Yourself these 10 Questions
Passion is a notion that’s often overrated, as we place too much emphasis on it being the foundation of our happiness and livelihood, leaving many of us feeling unfulfilled or questioning the path we chose, as it’s not seen as our ‘life’s passion’. But this is not to say that having a passion is not important because we should fill our time with something that feeds purpose into our lives, whether it's a career or hobby.
A healthier and more realistic way to approach this topic is to consider our need to ‘cultivate’ our passion rather than to ‘find’ it. Those who have a passion are lucky, but at the end of the day, no one is destined to do anything. The key is to explore your interests and to nurture any passions that may arise from them.
Don’t know where to start? Find a quiet space, sit down, and write down answers to the below questions to get your mind on the right path to exploring your passion!
- What is an activity in your life where you ‘lose yourself’ or lose track of time when you're doing it?
- What is a compliment you’ve consistently received in your life?
- What is something your supervisor or boss has always praised you about at every job you've been in?
- What is something your family and friends go to you for help for?
- What is a topic that you’re especially opinionated about, and would debate someone over?
- What is something you’re confident about?
- What are some things you could do everyday if you could?
- What are three highlights from your week so far?
- What is a job you’d take a massive pay cut to do?
- Name 3 jobs you never let yourself dream of doing.
How do you tackle a problem that isn’t visible or clearly defined? One many refuse to acknowledge is even a problem in the first place? And one which affects more than 600,000 people every year? In 2010, Christopher Schrader joined forces with students in Hong Kong and embraced the challenge, organising the first 24 Hour Race to confront modern slavery. The result? The first ever law in India banning a trafficking channel.
In a world of digital transparency, having a competent customer service team makes for a make-or-break situation. Having the right training from the start is not only crucial for customer satisfaction and retainment, but also builds positive morale for your team since positive feedback only feeds positive performance.
When you hear the word persuasion, an abrasive 60s salesman or a Disney villain maybe comes to mind. Contrary to the stereotypes we usually associate with persuasion, such as manipulation or even coercion, it's simply defined as the act of convincing someone to do something that’s mutually beneficial.
While the art of persuasion may take years to master, we’re here to share some basic practices you can start incorporating into your daily negotiations, so you can work towards the best outcome for all parties.